This was my favorite project of the entire spring semester. Maybe even ever! I didn't have a tribe or anything I replicated from I just kind of went with whatever my hands wanted to do. I started by placing a slab of clay over a form and cut the excess. When I did that I found that it wasn't as big as I would have liked it so I tried to stretch it more over the form so it would be bigger. Next I just began with the detailing. I added the shapes around the eyes and the bar across the forehead to give it a more 3D effect. That also allowed me to have to do less details in the glazing process. After it came out of the kiln I found that one of the balls on the headband came off. I made another one but it got missing! Even though it looks a little off I decided to leave it.. adds character! I splatter painted and did clear glaze to finish.